This weekend I was pretty stressed out about classes and homework, so I decided to bake my famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Not to brag or anything but they actually won a bake-off… Okay okay it was just against my friend Jake, with our friends, but I still won fair and square!
Anyway these are my favorite kind of cookies, and they turn out perfect every time. I can’t remember exactly where I got the recipe, but I think it might be this recipe from Allrecipes. I did modify it slightly so I would like to consider it my own.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup) I use unsalted, but you can use salted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 12 oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then stir in the vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly stir the dry mixture into the batter until blended.
5. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
6. Drop balls of dough (I use a spoon or tablespoon) onto an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 14 minutes, then take them out of the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
This recipe usually makes about three and a half dozen, but watch out they’ll go fast! My roommates and I ate them all in about two days.